Cleopatra II Slot Review
Cleopatra II is a slot machine released by IGT – a company correctly considered the oldest firm in this industry. Started back in 1950s, it was working in the niche of real life casinos and slot machines. Later on, they expanded their interests across World Wide Web taking a firm position in this business. The real slot machine-based version of this game has seen light in 2005, while February, 2017 has marked the release of this slot game onto online casino sites’ market.
The slot is a continuation of the real-casino slot game, being inspired by the famous love story of Cleopatra and Caesar, and the clash between Ancient Egypt and Roman cultures. It is a slot with 5 reels and 20 pay lines created in an old-style graphics, with no sparklingly beautiful but rather practical approach to design, nonetheless following the color schemes usually associated with the sands of Egypt and its pyramids and Sphinx. Same as many other slots released by this provider, the quality of sound effects isn’t really matching the standards imposed by modern slot games. The gameplay isn’t accompanied by any sort of soundtrack, during the game the player would mostly hear same sound effects that might become boring at times, and even annoying. Nonetheless, despite these evident drawbacks, Cleopatra II can be found on every best online casino site powered by IGT, which is an indicator of the fact that the slot has its keen audience. Many players enthusiastic about old school slot games and remakes of old real life slots choose this game due to a nuance of nostalgia it conveys.
There is one more important reason staying behind the slot’s popularity – multiple slot game reviews and feedbacks that are easy to find on the net are communicating about the its lucrativeness. With a return to player (RTP) index of 95.13% and volatility labelled as high, it might take some time until the successful payouts’ path starts. Coins are used for in-game purposes, their min size is 1 and 10 US dollars, min bet is set at 1 US dollar, while maximum bet value is 100 US dollars. The max coin jackpot implies 10 000 coins, which is 1 000 000 US dollars on maximum bet. This is the main attraction of this slot game – such a high maximum possible payout attracts players with different interests. No progressiveness implied. Symbols on board are the standard pack of 8 regular and 2 special ones. Game’s simplicity rejects any strategy and leaves few questions about how to play it – even newcomer players with no prior experience with slot games would be able to play in full force on real money.
One more considerable drawback of this slot game is the absence of any sort of mobile compatibility. The game is available for play only on PC and Mac, no access from Android or iOS operated devices is envisaged. Effectively, this game is suitable only for in-house playing, however it is still arguably considered one of the most played slot games of all times – with a history of the concept dating back to 1970s’ on real life slot machines, it has many fans and an overwhelming presence across best online casino sites powered by IGT.
Symbols and Winning Combinations
The list of symbols used in Cleopatra II includes 8 base playing symbols, and 2 special symbols. Regular symbols are split into low- and high-paid values and are as follows:
Special symbols come as shown below:
- Wild – represented by Cleopatra symbol, is one of the most valuable symbols in this video slot with an interesting behavior – when performing the substitution, the Wild doubles the resulting payout;
- Scatter – represented by the Sphinx symbol, it triggers the only available bonus game. Unlike many other modern slot games, there are no other bonuses available for the player; in spite of lack of other features, the scatter fairly compensates their absence as it is a very powerful feature; when falling, scatters will trigger several boxes for the player to choose from. As a result, player will be entitled to from 5 to 20 free spins. From scratch there are no multipliers, later on while progressing, these continue increasing on every successful combination, the top threshold being at impressive 50x of the stake on bet;
Cleopatra II Slot Game – Free Spins & Bonuses
Scatters are the free spins generator in Cleopatra II. As already mentioned above, this appearance of 3 or more scatters on the screen will trigger the bonus game, where the player would have to choose an option and enjoy the won number of free spins and the multiplier to be applied upon the win generated from these free spins. Depending on the number of Scatters on the reels, players will enjoy following benefits:
- for 3 Scatters – from 5 to 15 free spins;
- for 4 Scatters – from 8 to 18 free spins;
- for 5 Scatters – from 10 to 20 free spins;
Multipliers work differently in the bonus game cases, and are not increased consequently by 1x on every successful spin, but rather randomly with much higher figures resulting. This is the most lucrative feature in this slot.
How to Play
Playing Cleopatra II is extremely easy. There are few details requiring attention as game does not envisage any strategy to win. It is an old-school slot in all the meaning of these words. With minimum features on board, mediocre quality graphics, this slot is designed to generate money – and the reward is very impressive. Nonetheless, it’s advisable to test the game in demo mode before putting hard earned bucks on bet. There are multiple slot sites powered by IGT and offering the possibility to play both for money and in free play, with no deposit and even registration required. Also, there is a detailed FAQ section available in the game. After getting the essence of the game, it is time to:
- Set the desired by of playing lines by clicking “Lines +/-”;
- Set the desired bet amount using “Line Bet +/-” button;
- Use “Max bet” to set the maximum allowed bet;
- Use “Play” to proceed spinning the reels’
By many aspects, Cleopatra II is an outstanding, though surely controversial slot game. Under the aegis of a mythological pyramids, Sphinx, beautiful queen and lots of yellow sun and sand, IGT developers have combined a set of positive and negative features, these being:
- Relatively low quality of graphics, old-style animations, total lack of soundtracks and few sound effects make this game barely competitive on the market of modern video slot games;
- Sparseness of bonus features, there is only one bonus game on board, with minimum activity from Scatters and Wilds;
- Lack of any mobile support, this video slot is not available for play from devices operated by Android or iOS operating systems;
- Extremely simple game play scenario and the drawback mentioned above concerning the old fashioned approach to graphics make this game an interesting choice for true lovers of old-school video slot games;
- Huge potential reward of up to 1 000 000 US dollars on a maximum bet;
- High RTP and a primitive, yet prolific bonus system.