Slot Review Game Review
Highlander is one of the most popular video slots developed by MicroGaming and features a plot based on the famous 80s – 90s saga about immortal warriors with Cristopher Lambert casting as the main hero – Connor MacLeod. This 3D slot game continues the same thematic line started by the famous saga and even contains footages and OSTs from the movie.
It’s worth mentioning that the movies soundtracks were written by Freddy Mercury and the Queen. Overall, provider’s slot games are cherished for their excellent graphics, quality soundtracks, lucrativeness and an interesting gameplay. The Highlander is not an exception. Released in December, 2017, the slot features 5 reels with 243 pay lines. With a volatility labelled as medium, the slot has a return to player rating going to up as much as 96% depending on the casino.
A thing that distinguished this slot from other games developed by this provider is the maximum jackpot threshold. Usually, slots developed by MicroGaming feature a wide betting range with a moderate maximum payout. As usual, this slot uses coin as in-game currency, their value ranging from 0.01 US dollars to 0.05 US dollars. The minimum bet is 0.40 US dollars, maximum bet is 30 US dollars – value that well matches the wants of people who prefer betting real money in an attempt to hit the big win. With this being said, the maximum win is 102 500 US dollars. Not as much as Spina Colada by Yggdrasil could offer (400 000 US dollars), yet more than other slots from MicroGaming do.
The slot showcases a retro classical theme with pretty regular set of symbols, including wilds and extra wilds, scatters and free spins. Slot review postings for this game readily grant it the status of an upper than medium popularity, fact which motivates this slot’s presence in most slot sites gaming portfolio.
Unlike Lucky Firecracker, another popular slot from this manufacturer, Highlander is available from any device and does not require downloading being fully cross-platform adjustable. Regardless of the device in use, be it a desktop or laptop computer, or a mobile device operated by Android or iOS, that player will be able to enjoy both comfortable in-house and on-the-go gaming experience.
Symbols and Winning Combinations
The slot features great graphics and transfers the player in the atmosphere of historical Scotland and skies filled with thunders and storm clouds that stir when the user spins the reels. The game uses 10 symbols split in low and high paid segments. These are as follows:
- Connor MacLeod, 2 symbols represented the past and the present;
- Heather MacLeod;
- Brenda Wyatt;
The cards symbols stand for the low paid value, whilst the 5 characters from the movie stand for the highest ones. In terms of the gaming process, the player has at his/her disposal the following symbols and features:
- Wild – represented by the logo, behaves same as any other wild replacing any game symbol except for the scatter in order to help form a winning combination. An interesting thing is that by landing 3 or more Wilds on an active pay line the user might expect the Wilds make their own additional combos;
- Quickening Wilds – feature triggered whenever the lighting striking a spin, it increases the number of Wilds falling on the reels. While these symbols are on the reels, no free spins can be generated;
- Super Wild – represented by a hand with a number tooltip, its number will show how many consecutive rounds the Wild will stay on the reels;
- Scatter – represented by the Gilded Highlander, forms wins potentially multiplied by the total bet stake and representing an attractive piece of pie given the high RTP rating. In case multiple scatters are landed:
- 2 scatters – the symbols will turn into Wilds, feature is available during the base game only and can greatly boost the winning potential;
- 3 scatters or more – triggers free spins with a bonus of 10 free spins with bets preserving the amount played during the base game;
Overall, this game can make a surprise with its turns of continuously landing prizes and is viewed by players as an interesting and prolific slot.
Highlander Slot Game – Free Spins & Bonuses
The player is awarded free spins when 3 or more scatters land on the reels. This feature makes use of the Quickening Wilds one as the lightning could strike and make any symbol on the reels a free spin/ bonus game. Pitifully, if this is the case, no more free spins will land.
An available bonus feature is the selection of one of 3 tiles that reveals a cash prize that can be withdrawn instantly. Another one is the Battle Bonus. The user has it his/ her disposal a selection of moves to decapitate another immortal known as Kurgan. This is difficult to achieve, however when happening will bring an unmatched reward.
Generally speaking, the slot machine has a moderately sophisticated bonus system. When fully grasped, which is a matter of little time, it can help the user win impressive amounts of money.
How to Play
The Highlander slot is viewed by the community as a fairly simple game with a moderate number of rules to follow. Same as any other MicroGaming slot, this one is equipped with a comprehensive FAQ section that can answer most how to play related questions. After getting acquainted with the slot, the best strategy is applying knowledge in a risk free environment. The official site of the manufacturer is ideally suited for it. The player can find there detailed trailers and enjoy a free play in demo mode with even no deposit required. Given that any online gambling establishment claiming the status of the best online casino most probably has this slot in its portfolio of games, a multitude of sites offer the opportunity to try it for free.
Before starting to bet real money, the player should adjust the game using following controls:
- coin value – to be set in range of 0.01 and 0.05 US dollars;
- bet value – to be set in range of 0.40 and 30 US dollars;
- auto-play – puts the spinner into motion for a pre-set number of times;
- spin – the control to set the reels moving;
As soon as controls are adjusted and the game’s regulations are clear it’s high time to make a bet and put the reels into motion.
Leading online casino sites consider their clients want to play the Highlander slot, this being supported by multiple players’ reviews this slot gathered since its release nearly 4 years ago. This is a good indicator of the slot’s deserved popularity. To summarize, the strong facets of this game are:
- interesting thematic design and a conceptual and entertaining plot, quickly to learn;
- flexible coin and bet size adjustment possibility, game is suitable for various categories of players;
- high RTP rating of up to 96%;
- prolific bonus system with many prizes and free spins;