Wolf Rising Slot Review
Wolf Rising is a famous video slot game bought onto the games’ market back in December, 2014. At the moment of release, the popularity of the game was genuinely outstanding, it quickly conquered the tops, this being the reason of both good jobs done by IGT WagerWorks and the popularity of the real-life land casino game.
As known, IGT is a company with over half a century experience on real casinos and one-armed bandits. Their products were greatly competitive in 80s and 90s, however the development of online casino sites and increase in competition due to the appearance of such monsters, as Micro Gaming, Bet Soft, Bet Entertainment and others, has diminished its influence.
Nonetheless, despite not being as successful as it used to be in the past, this slot machine can still be found on all online casino sites powered by this provider, and there are several reasons for that.
The slot features 5 reels with 20 pay lines with the theme centered on several species of wolves and resembles a Native American environment player could see in other wolf-themed slots by this provider, such as Wild Wolf and Wolf Run. With a pretty interesting pay lines structure, the game has 8 distinct rows of symbols. With coins used for various in-game purposes, these being valued between 1 and 30 US dollars, players may set max 1 coin per line, the jackpot being of impressive 1 000 coins per spin.
No progressive jackpot is present, which is often considered to be a drawback within this game. The slot features incredibly pleasant graphics and 3D animations, especially if considering that the release occurred almost a decade ago. Of course, in terms of quality of graphics it is hardly comparable with slots released in 2020 or 2021, but still it’s the most visually pleasing slot of IGT.
Packed with all options and features typical for a slot game labelled as traditional or vintage, the slot will provide a positive impression as the gaming process is fairly vivid and active. Stacked Wilds, Scatter, and bonus game, free spins are just a few of the entertaining features any big roller would enjoy. The return to player index of the game (hereinafter, RTP) is measured at 96.05%, not the highest yet a decent one. The volatility is announced as being medium to high, fact that guarantees an entertaining game.
Wolf Rising can be played from any device that has internet connection and a browser installed on it. HTML5 is the technology powering the game mechanics, hence without any hassle or need to download, players could enjoy the game from any device run on Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS or Android operating systems. Mobile compatibility is not a feature present on most WagerWorks slot games, so this one is definitely a strong side of it.
Yet another thing that is worth mentioning is the outstanding simplicity; with no strategy required to bet and win, this slot allows novice players quickly start ascending in terms of rewards, while the medium to high volatility raises the chances that even on a small bet a big real money win is hit.
Currently, this slot is present on all best online casino platforms partnering with this game development agency; slot reviews posts that are widely available on the net clearly indicate that we will continue seeing this slot machine on the web since it is deemed as being an interesting and lucrative vintage slot.
Symbols and Winning Combinations
There is nothing special in Wolf Rising in terms of symbols and winning combinations, the latter being formed in a traditional manner. Symbols in this slot game are split into regular and special, the first group being divided into high and low paid symbols. The list of regular symbols consists of:
- Two different wolf symbols, one featuring a black and the other a white wolf, these being rewarded as follows:
- 5 symbols of a kind – 500x of the stake on bet;
- 4 symbols of a kind – 100x of the stake on bet;
- 3 symbols of a kind – 25x of the stake on bet;
- Two more wolf symbols, this time it being two different grey and brown wolves, first the Siberian one, the last – American wolf, these being rewarded as follows:
- 5 symbols of a kind – 250x of the stake on bet;
- 4 symbols of a kind – 75x of the stake on bet;
- 3 symbols of a kind – 25x of the stake on bet;
These 4 wolf titled symbols represent the highest-paid regular values, the lowest paid ones’ being represented by cards, traditionally, with following pay table:
- Ace and King, rewarded
- 5 symbols of a kind – 150x of the stake on bet;
- 4 symbols of a kind – 50x of the stake on bet;
- Queen and Jack, Ten and Nine, rewarded equally
- 5 symbols of a kind – 100x of the stake on bet;
- 4 symbols of a kind – 25x of the stake on bet;
The Wild is represented by the Totem Pole, styled as if it belongs to a certain Northern American native Indian tribe, and is the highest paid value in the game – 1 000x of the stake for 5 symbols. Scatters are on board as well, rewarding the player with 2x multiplier and a bonus game.
Wolf Rising Slot Game – Free Spins & Bonuses
Same as many other slot games labelled as vintage, it is hard to expect Wolf Rising to be heavily packed with bonus features. Effectively, there is a single feature – Stacked Wilds Free Spins that actually compensates very well due to its outstanding lucrativeness. Upon activation, player is immediately granted 5 free spins, while the reels get changed to fill in an increased number of stacked wilds thereby increasing the chances to win. In case player is lucky enough to continue landing Scatters during the free spins’ rounds, the spins will continue being re-triggers up to a total amount of 255.
How to Play
Just as any other vintage slot, Wolf Rising is very simple and hardly leaves questions about how to play it. Given the standard number of symbols and a single bonus feature, it can be easily played by anyone who has ever tried playing slot games. For a person with no prior experience, there is a strategy to endorse ensuring minimal risks with maximum output:
- Player should pick up one of multiple slot sites powered by IGT as many of them offer the possibility to learn this game playing it in free demo play mode, with no deposit required. Also, it is possible to do it on the provider’s official webpage. Using the FAQ available within the game is also helpful.
- Player should try finding a platform that allows playing the game for free while still having the chance to win – since many establishments claiming the status of the best online casino have it in their gaming portfolio, some include free spins on Wolf Rising in their welcome / 1stdeposit bonus / 2nd deposit bonus offers, other deliver promotional spins into players’ accounts. Benefitting of such opportunity is not difficult.
- Those players who do not like waiting and prefer trying their luck attempting to hit the jackpot should just find a casino powered by IGT.
- Adjustment of controls is also important, there are several controls (Lines, line bet, spin, auto spin) that would ensure full control upon the process.
Wolf Rising is an interesting, yet not special (maybe, excluding visuals, these are very nice) video slot provided by IGT that is considered to be lucrative among players who enjoy betting real money. Stacked Wilds, Scatter wins, an interesting free spins bonus feature delivering up to 255 free spins and an RTP of 96% make it an attractive option for many players.
Some players state their dissatisfaction with the fact that base game rounds are rarely paying out well, nonetheless this does not affect the stable popularity of this game that earned it back in 2014. Best online casino sites include it into their portfolio, which is definitely an indicator of a stable status quo on this changeable market.